Wednesday 28 August 2013

Eliza Doolittle - Big When I Was Little



Review

  • I love the creative element of this video. There is lot of use of colours and different settings but it is in comparison to other music video pretty simplistic. I think the simplicity of the video is what makes it so good. 
  • The thing that kept me watching was the inter cutting, the use of so many clips to show the excitement of the street and what it was like. The colours kept me interested it wasn't dull or overly dramatic, the song is supposed to be quite up beat and cheerful and the video reflects that.
  • In particular I love the use of the birds eye view shot, I think it looked really good and also gave a different angle that is not usually shown in music videos. I think it could be interesting to experiment with this when it comes to filming our own. 
  • In relation to music videos I have learnt that the colours used in the settings/locations can have a big effect on what the audience will perceive. The uses of such vivid colour not only helps to portray the excitement and happiness of childhood but also helps to keep the video exciting and keep audiences watching. 
  • The main thing I would want to avoid would be the shots towards the end in the pool, although potentially this could look really good I think it would be a lot of work and it could ultimately end up looking rubbish. I also think we should avoid the big focus on the main singer, I think it would be better to create a storyline than just have someone dancing around and singing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment